26 Sep 2017
Reporting & Business Improvement Specialist
$80,000 - $100,000 Published: September 26, 2017
Our client, a leading publicly listed transportation company is seeking an outgoing and motivated Designated Accountant to join their growing Calgary head office. The company offers a forward-thinking, team-based environment, with the opportunity to grow and develop your career within the organization.
Reporting to the Director of Reporting & Process Improvement, this role will be responsible for delivering high-quality financial reports to support operational and financial decision-making across the organization. As part of the role, the Specialist Reporting and Process Improvement leads the implementation of business process improvements related to the creation and configuration of corporate financial data.
- Design and implement fit-for-purpose reports and reporting solutions
- Provide ad hoc and recurring data analysis for all levels of the organization, up to executive level
- Project manage multiple, concurrent process improvement projects. Prepare and maintain detailed project plan, monitor execution and take appropriate action to support project deliverables
- Work with IT department to develop business requirements and identify enabling technology options to support new & re-designed business processes and systems integration
- Coordinate testing of new or revised business processes. Develop and execute test scripts to ensure technology changes are implemented without defects
- Work with process stakeholders to support effective change management, including preparation and delivery of training and maintenance of documentation
Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree (or equivalent), with a minimum of 5 years business experience
- Strong data analytics and data visualization skills.
- Experience with SAP and/or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience with project management and process change management
- Exposure to a Finance and Accounting principles and practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - ability to influence stakeholders at various levels
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications, including MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Experience with MS Project and Visio preferred.
- Experience with MS Project and Visio preferred.