Accounts Payable Supervisor (Bilingual)
Our client, a fast growing and dynamic, private company in the services and manufacturing industry, is looking for a Bilingual (French/English) Accounts Payable Supervisor to join their Accounting team in Calgary. Their head office is located in Calgary with additional locations across the country. This role reports to the Finance Manager and is responsible for providing support and leadership to the accounts payable team, and for the oversight of the centralized accounts payable function at home office. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an analytical and self-motivated professional, who will use their strong leadership skills to effectively solve problems and support the organization in creating a top tier finance team.
- Lead, supervise and mentor a team of six accounts payable analysts to deliver an excellent internal and external customer service experience for our clinic locations.
- Maintain the systems for invoice and payment processing to ensure proper internal controls are adhered to, and allow for efficient processing and high level of accuracy.
- Partner with software providers to ensure AP systems are used in the most effective and efficient way.
- In-depth review of all payment runs to ensure timeliness and accuracy of payments, and compliance with finance policy and regulations.
- Continually analyze current processes and recommend/implement improvements ensuring a results driven focus.
- Participate in month end close process to ensure invoices are reflected in the correct accounting period and proper accruals are made.
- Establish and maintain documentation pertaining to accounting procedures/processes as applicable to area of responsibility.
- Assist in the procurement, negotiation and review of national contracts with preferred vendors.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and/or adhoc projects throughout the business, as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of accounts payable experience is required.
- Fluency in French and English is required
- Experience in a manufacturing, health care or service industry is considered an asset.
- Experience in systems implementation, project management is considered an asset.
- A professional, technically proficient, independent thinker and likes to have fun!
- Previous experience supervising an accounts payable or accounting team in a high volume environment, for a multi-location organization.
- Proven leadership skills in change management and implementing process improvements.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement.
- A hard worker who has the ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines in an environment with a high volume of activity.