Application Sales Engineer
Mission: As the primary technical resource for the sales force, you will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Reports to Vice President, Marketing and Sales
Currently no positions report directly to the Sales Engineer.
- Has the authority to negotiate discounts on sales as pre-approved by the Vice President, Marketing and Sales.
- Has the authority to administer all sales activities including client presentations.
- Has the authority to produce or delegate production of all company marketing and promotional material, including videos as assigned by the Vice President, Marketing and Sales.
- Has the authority to make purchases of equipment, supplies and services to execute the business plan as approved or pre-approved by the Vice President, Marketing and Sales.
- Has the authority to respond to customer complaints.
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with prospects, customers and resellers
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Administering client accounts
- Meeting regular targets as outlined
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team. This will include, but is not limited to; help documents, scripted demos, recorded tutorials, etc.
- Supporting sales and marketing by attending tradeshows, conferences and other events
- Prepare and deliver technical technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- After-sales support services and providing technical back up as required
- Solving client issues
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements
- Assisting development in application customization, based on client requirements
Technological Skills. Extensive know of the products, geospatial industry and relevant datasets to explain the advantages and answer questions.
Interpersonal Skills. Strong interpersonal skills are a valuable characteristic, both for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with other members of the sales team.
Problem-solving Skills. Ability to listen to the customer’s desires and concerns, digest and then recommend realistic solutions, possibly including customization of a product.
Self-confidence. Should be confident and persuasive when making sales presentations, product demonstrations or conducting customer training,
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales, knowledge of technology and customer support. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, support documentation and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be legally authorized to travel abroad. As well as;
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in vendor or business to business sales
- Experience of familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
- BSc. In Computer Science or a Geomatics related field is strongly preferred.