Business Relationship Manager
Working within the Data team at our client, and reporting to the Managing Director, act as the Data touchpoint for your assigned business area, connecting with their assigned Product Owners, to ensure business needs are being met throughout the agile execution of their projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with identified clients and key personnel within Data’s customer areas (AOE/SSU).
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with services and offerings from Data Squads’ delivery.
- Act as an Evangelist and Marketing agent for the Data team for existing capabilities and new client opportunities.
- Achieve client relationship targets (Customer Satisfaction Score) and KPI’s defined for the BRM.
- Understand when and how to escalate to resolve areas of concern (as raised by clients).
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.
- Apply strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with both customers and internal Data team.
- Translate the business needs to Data team and communicate effectively the Data team capability back to business.
- Work closely with the internal Business Adoption (Sparks) teams to see projects through to adoption (completion).
- Apply previous business experience to manage a busy environment with strong and proven administrative, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ensure strong technical skills, and a desire to learn new applications, is top of mind. Our client uses interactive, Google Suite of products, among other software. Experience in JIRA, G-Suite, ARIS are certainly an Asset
- Ability to network and cultivate a productive working relationship with multiple business areas
- Utilize strong (oral and written) communication skills to remain highly communicative with Data and Business Area
- Encompass strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, methodologies and regulatory requirements with respect to the Program/Projects in an Agile Environment.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and Scrums are certainly an asset
- Excellent customer service, leadership, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are required.
- Strong ability to prioritize activities and utilize time management will be critical to job success.
- Be extremely diligent with a strong attention to detail.
- Self motivated, creative, and innovative in thinking of solutions outside of the box.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Financial Institution experience an asset.
- Establish comprehensive business knowledge by participating as an active member of assigned line-of-business management team.
- Actively contribute to the development of the AOE business plan incorporating Data directions into the plan.
- Maintain an awareness of Data technology solutions and providers related to the services of the business area.
- Provide line of business strategic directions as input to the development and enhancement of client’s Data Strategy.
- Create and promote solutions leveraging technology to support business change.
- In partnership with the AOE leaders, identify and coordinate opportunities to improve the business, reduce costs, and improve productivity.
- Coordinate Business Area’s initiatives, suggesting solutions to leadership, including alternative analysis and recommendations for integrated (Data/Business Area) solutions.
- Participate in and support the development of detailed business requirements, as well as vendor requests for information and solution proposals, as required by operational squads.
- Review analysis of solutions prior to presentation to the Business Area’s Product Owner.
- Assists developing and implementation of Data goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for Business Areas relationship with Data.
- Facilitates the AOE and Data teams as well as 3rd party service providers to provide the best value to the customer
- Provides insight to Data (including issue resolution and escalation) on behalf of the AOE business on development and implementation initiatives
- Participates in the establishment of plans and actions associated with initiative value realization.
- Make sure the spark are enabled for the AOE in the integration of change into existing and new business processes and solutions
- Identify opportunities to improve solution effectiveness and the service experience of the client.
- Through periodic measurement and incremental improvement, realize additional value from existing Data investments.
Competencies / Skill-Sets Required
- Proven business, project, and change management experience.
- Ability to assess and recommend actions to mitigate the impact on client’s vision when implementing new or changing existing policies and processes.
- Good relationship and team building skills as well as management, coaching, negotiation, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Good analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements, and industry information affecting client's environment.
- Good understanding of IT and Data operating environments.
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Financial industry experience is an asset.
- University degree in Business Management or a post-secondary accreditation in a related field.
- 10+ years experience in the Information Technology industry or an equivalent combination of business and technology experience at a mid management level in an organization making extensive use of technology in the operation of the business.
- Proven track record of successful project/initiative delivery and management.
- Agile Project management experience including understanding of the project development life cycle is an asset.