Chartered Professional Accountant – Oil & Gas
Our client is a major oil and gas company with an exceptionally well-established portfolio of integrated assets throughout North America. A leader in the industry and offering a unique approach to employee development, as a result of continued growth they are seeking two experienced CPAs to join their company.
Red Recruitment has had the privilege of supporting their external hiring process for the past few years and are currently undertaking that search for 2018. This unique opportunity has exposure to Financial Reporting, Business Analysis, Project Accounting, Internal Controls, Tax and Treasury. The rotation program allows opportunity for top performing CPAs to learn the business and experience some or all of these disciplines. Previous candidates have also moved into roles such as Investor Relations and Business Development.
Some examples of Finance Function roles include:
- Financial Reporting Analyst – prepare and analyze legal entity financial information for presentation to management and consolidation into external financial statement releases
- Business and Reporting Analyst – prepare and analyze asset level financial information for presentation to management in support of Imperial's various business lines
- Project Accountant – work with the business to understand and report project expenditures, enforce contract compliance and ensure strong business controls are in place
- Controls Advisor – work with the business to understand financial and operational risk, providing cost-effective controls program advice and compliance reporting
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate is a highly-rated CPA with experience working with oil and gas producers. You should be driven to grow in one of the World’s leading oil and gas companies and be excited about gaining a cross-section of experience throughout various business units and functions.
As an integral member of a high performing team, you will be passionate about learning the business, enjoy building relationships with operations, and relish the opportunity to contribute to special projects.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- A CPA designation with between 4 and 8 years public accounting experience
- Big 4 experience preferred, with exposure to mid-large sized public upstream Oil & Gas company
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in interpreting securities regulations, IFRS and U.S. GAAP
- Experience with complex accounting matters, including stock-based compensation (desirable)
- Working knowledge with ERP systems, previous experience with SAP or EPM is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;