Chartered Accountant *Rotation*
Our client is a major oil and gas company with an exceptionally well-established portfolio of integrated assets throughout North America. While the role will begin in the External Financial Reporting team, the rotation program offers exposure to the entire business with succession into various accounting and finance disciplines. Previous candidates have moved into roles such as Investor Relations, Financial Analysis and Internal Audit.
The ideal candidate is a highly rated 2012-2014 UFE writer (2013-2015 CPA-CA) who has articled with a Big 4 firm and gained experience with large oil and gas producers. You should be driven to learn and grow from the ground up in one of the Worlds leading oil and gas companies, and be excited about gaining a cross-section of experience throughout various business units and functions.
As an integral member of a high performing financial reporting team you will be passionate about learning the business, enjoy building relationships with operations, and relish the opportunity to contribute to special projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and review of monthly/quarterly/annual financial documents
- Associated analysis that supports consolidated financial results
- Perform quality review and ensure consistency in external reporting documents
- Manage the annual information form preparation process
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with IFRS, US GAAP and SOX
- Assessment of financial and operational impact of new legislation and accounting standards.
- Liaise with and respond to regulatory officials and company external auditors
Education & Experience
- A CPA - CA designation is required
- Big 4 Public practice experience preferred
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in interpreting securities regulations, IFRS and U.S. GAAP
- Experience with complex accounting maters, including stock based compensation (desirable)
- Working knowledge with ERP systems, previous experience with SAP or EPM is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;