Our client is a well-funded start-up oil & gas company that is acquiring producing oil & gas assets within Alberta. Reporting to the Controller, they require an experienced Marketing Accountant to set-up the framework for recording and interpreting revenues, including allocating gas volumes, prices for index/average and diluent buy/blend sell.
- Assist with credit checks for business partners who purchase oil & gas products;
- Confirm and process all transportation tolls charged by pipelines;
- Create and settle invoices for the sale of product to business partners in the US and Canada;
- Monitor and settle any gas balance recoveries from the pipelines;
- Ensure condensate purchases and sales are confirmed;
- Ensure cross border sales are handled properly from a tax perspective;
- Ensure all of the above transactions are booked in an accurate and timely fashion in the financial system;
- Provide detailed and accurate analysis, trending and reporting at month end.
- Proven background in marketing accounting with at least 10 years’ experience
- An accounting designation
- Ability to work independently in a small office environment;
- Ability to take initiative, work in a fast paced, set up environment with little direction;
- Familiarity with Qbyte accounting system an asset.