Our client is a construction and manufacturing company with established operations throughout North America. They are seeking an intermediate Accountant on a 6 month contract to assist with project cover and oversee the accounting for one of their divisions.
Reporting to the Business Unit Controller, the Operations Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting and tracking of financial information associated with a retail operation.
The position will work closely with the field operations to ensure a solid understanding of monthly accounting and the operations of the business.
- Coordinate the month end process
- Prepare monthly internal management reports and project cost report
- Maintain accurate accounting records
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Monitor inventory costs and associated project costs
- Liaise with operations to improve reporting and information exchange
- Other related duties as required
Experience & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education, working towards a professional designation (CGA, CMA)
- 3-5 years of experience in full cycle or project accounting
- Accounting experience in construction or manufacturing industry preferred
- Oracle or JD Edwards experience preferred
- Strong computer skills with an expertise in Excel
- Strong written and communication skills
Please note the position is part-time, 30 hours.