Senior Accounts Payable Analyst – Contract
Our client, a fast growing and dynamic, private company in the services and manufacturing industry, is looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Analyst to join their Accounting team in Calgary for a 6-month contract to help through an ERP implementation. Their head office is located in Calgary with additional locations across the country. This role reports to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and is responsible for performing a variety of functions such as entering invoices into the system, contributing the month end process and supporting the weekly cheque and EFT payment runs.
- Upload and approve invoices to Open Invoice, our Invoice Processing System.
- Respond to vendor inquiries, solve problems and maintain good internal and external relationships.
- Prepare vendor statement reconciliations.
- Perform related clerical duties, such as maintaining filing systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Able and willing to assist and back-up other areas and members of the Accounts Payable team.
- Adhere to company policies, vendor contracts, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and reporting requirements
- Prepare monthly accruals and other various month-end closing tasks.
- Assist with any other duties/ ad hoc projects as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Post-secondary Finance related diploma/certificate would be considered an asset.
- 3+ years of experience working in an accounts payable function with ERP system experience is a requirement.
- Experience in the services and manufacturing industry would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational qualities, capable of multi-tasking with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to handle a high volume of transactions within tight deadlines in an environment with a high volume of activity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook), Open Invoice, and SAGE ACCPAC accounting software would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team-based environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a desire for continuous improvement for self and the organization.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic and commitment.