Senior IT QA Analyst
Our client is currently seeking a Senior IT QA Analyst for an eight month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
- Responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- Ensures that testing is well defined, planned and executed.
- Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and without formal guidelines or precedents and exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy
- Executes testing of every phase and feature of a highly complex solution to identify potential issues and fixes before the product goes live Provides leadership to others
- Responsible for testing solution in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems
- Gathers requirements from various sources, including interviews with programmers and business users, project documentation, and bug reports.
- Creating and maintaining functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, and load tests.
- Develops test plans and test scripts that will demonstrate that project deliverables meet the business requirement
- Writing detailed bug reports and fixes. Assessing quality and associated risk.
- Liaises with the Business Lead to confirm test results and obtain business acceptance
- May participate in application functional and/or technical design reviews as described in the Quality Management plan
- Coordinates system integration, load and regression testing
Scope of Work
The Senior Quality Analyst will provide support for projects under the Program. The initial responsibilities will be on one specific project and potentially evolve towards more projects.
- Work with the Business Analyst and Business Lead to develop end-to-end test plans and test scripts to demonstrate that project deliverables meet the business requirements
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts such as test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute testing and produces test result reports and defect reports
- Track all deliverables including all artifacts e.g. requirements spec, design spec, technical docs...etc
- Develop test cases and test scenarios suitable for test automation
- Ability to coordinate UAT activity
- Ability to evaluate/communicate release readiness
- Proven experience as a Senior QA on multiple software development projects
- Strong understanding of iterative/agile software development process with regular releases
- Experience with data processing, transformation, and data validation systems
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Experience with testing involving large amounts of data from spreadsheets or other data sources
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical staff and business users
- Experience with pipeline concepts and pipeline business terminology, and testing systems common to our client is a definite asset
- Experience with automated QA tools ( like TestComplete, QTP etc) is an asset
- Ability to develop an automated test suite is an asset
- Experience with HP ALM and MS Team Foundation Server is an asset