23 Feb 2018
Senior Solutions Architect
$$ Negotiable Published: February 23, 2018
Our client, a publicly listed oil & gas services company is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect on an initial 6 month contract;
- An Architect is focused on providing solutions to different business and functional areas.
- Applies a broad knowledge of various technical areas to foresee and fix certain problem areas within technology or with a mix of technologies, but the focus is to ensure a certain business / functional use case is solved with the help of technology.
- Responsible to provide, maintain and evolve a cost effective, secure and reliable design of end to end infrastructure that is aligned with the Information Services technology direction with the business strategy.
- Liaises with Business Partners to ensure solutions meet current and strategic needs
- Works with Business Primes, Enterprise Architecture, other Architects, etc. to determine SLA (service level agreements) and ensure they are met Leads and collaborates with the Project Teams, Business Systems Analysts, other Architects, etc. to create, drive and communicate the overall architectural vision, working towards project delivery
- Assists Enterprise Architecture on the evaluation of vendor applications
- Develops and approves estimates for new technology applications and maintenance of existing applications
- Works across multiple technology components or development efforts to ensure correctness, consistency, continuity, and efficiency
- Leads interaction with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, departments or clients.
Key Parts to this role;
- This is an infrastructure design role. The preferred candidate will have experience with:
- Compute and storage system design and architecture in an enterprise environment
- Virtualization, Windows Server, SQL Server, VMWare, Nutanix, Amazon Web Services, NetApp, Cisco UCS
- Microsoft Visio, Office 365