Specialist, Property Accounting
Our client, a publicly listed company headquartered in Calgary is looking for a Property Accounting Specialist to join their high performing team. This person will report to the Director Project and Property Accounting and will lead the preparation and analysis of financial information regarding the company’s properties for quarterly and annual consolidated Financial Statements, Annual Report, as well as regulatory and tax reporting.
The ideal candidate will be a designated accounting with 2-3 years of asset accounting experience, looking to grow and develop their career with an eye towards a management role down the road.
- Accountable for the development, preparation and implementation of annual Group Depreciation studies for both Canadian and US operations;
- Reconcile and analyze General Ledger, Asset sub-ledger and Regulatory sub-ledger relating to Properties;
- Complete Regulatory reporting (CTA/STB) - reconciliation and analysis, and quarterly and annual reporting to meet Regulatory requirements relating to Properties;
- Complete Tax reporting - reconciliation and analysis, and quarterly and annual reporting to meet Tax requirements relating to Properties;
- Interact with business regarding financial reporting, statistical results and analysis relating to Properties;
- Implement process controls, master data management and assist in continuous process improvement to enhance utilization of Asset Management systems and processes;
- Lead and/or participate in Property Accounting projects as required; and
- Assist external and internal auditors in performing year-end audits and quarterly reviews of financial statements; including preparation of working papers and all other appropriate documentation relating to Properties.
- 5-7 years of experience;
- Accounting Designation – CPA;
- Knowledge of US GAAP is preferable;
- Knowledge of Group Depreciation would be an advantage;
- SAP Expertise in Asset Management and FI/CO modules;
- Process Management Skills;
- Tax Knowledge – General Level of Understanding; and
- Strong communication skills both Verbal and Written.