Treasury & AR Analyst
Our client, a fast-growing and dynamic private company in the services and manufacturing industry is looking for an Accounts Receivable and Treasury Analyst to join their Accounting team. Their head office is located in Calgary with additional locations across the country.
This role reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for working with and mentoring staff at the branch level as it relates to AR and Treasury. The ideal candidate will have strong systems and reconciliations experience alongside an outgoing and inquisitive personality. As the company continues their growth domestically and internationally, the opportunity exists for the incoming employee to make improvements to processes to more effectively support a growing business.
- Prepare monthly outstanding AR and cash reconciliation reports for branches.
- Follow up with branches on outstanding issues, providing guidance and assistance.
- Book monthly revenue and cash journal entries into the financial system.
- Investigate any variances between the point of sale and financial system.
- Train and assist new offices (acquisitions) until they are comfortable with systems and processes.
- Perform a variety of month-end procedures including preparing or approving of manual journal entries and preparing working papers.
- Analyze and reconcile variances between the general ledger, sub-ledgers and systems.
- Assist the Accounting team in creating and improving internal reporting information
- Constantly evaluate, identify and implement process efficiencies by challenging current procedures and activities.
- Process customer refunds.
- Assist branches with questions related to location financial statements.
- Provide leadership to various branches including on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
- Lead process improvement and be results driven.
- Ensure internal control environment is operating effectively.
- Assistance during audits as required.
- Add to a fun and energetic environment.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and/or adhoc projects, as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience is required.
- Working knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, specifically MS Excel.
- Experience using ACCPAC is considered an asset.
- Strong problem solving and reconciliation skills.
- The candidate is a professional, analytical, independent thinker and likes to have fun!
- The candidate is a hands-on performer who can both create accounting and financial information and evaluate that information critically.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies: able to positively influence others, coach, mentor and effectively direct work when required.
- A team player by nature but able to lead as needed.
- Possess strong communication skills to provide guidance and/or instruction to peers in the organization, adapts their information/style to the audience, and explains difficult issues clearly to the appropriate audience.
- Integrity beyond reproach.
- Completion of a degree is considered an asset.
- Experience in a retail accounting setting would be advantageous.
- Experience in a manufacturing, health care, retail or service industry is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is considered an asset.