External Reporting Analyst
|Company Name||$85,000 - $100,000|
|Date Posted||May 25, 2017|
Our client, a publicly listed company headquartered in Calgary is looking for an External Reporting Analyst to join their high performing team. This person will be a key member of the team responsible for the preparation of high-quality external disclosure documents and MD&A under US GAAP. This role will work closely with the Tax group.
The ideal candidate will be a mature and independent worker, with a desire to learn the business and ultimately expand beyond reporting into other parts of the organization. The team is passionate about efficiency and is hard working but also knows how to relax and have fun.
- Prepare financial statements needed by the tax group on a recurring basis, including coordination with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the reporting process;
- Assess reporting implications of significant financial transactions and draft related disclosures;
- Account for taxes for the company’s largest entities, reconcile & analyze related accounts, and prepare information used by the tax group for provision preparation and adjustment;
- Prepare the income tax note in the Company’s financial statements and the income tax discussion in the Company’s Management Discussion & Analysis on a quarterly basis;
- Extract and summarize financial data from systems into the required disclosures;
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information in order to recommend adjustments where necessary;
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with US GAPP, Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure accounting and reporting process complies with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers;
- Identify and analyze possible improvements to the reporting process and implement selected solutions.
- Accounting Designation required (CPA; CPA, CA);
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with tax is not a requirement for this role;
- Knowledge of US GAAP (desirable);
- ERP/SAP and Excel expertise (desirable);
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.