Manager Accounting - Oil & Gas
|Company Name||$95,000 - $115,000|
|Date Posted||June 13, 2017|
Exploration & Production
Our client is a leading Calgary-based Private Investment firm with a growing portfolio of energy assets under management. With a focus on emerging industries and under-developed resource plays, the company is expecting continued strong growth of its portfolio over the next few years.
This position will focus on the upstream oil and gas assets currently under management, bringing leadership and direction to assist the day-to-day decision makers. Reporting to the VP Finance, this position offers the successful candidate a unique opportunity to build upon their oil and gas skillset in a varied and highly exposed role.
- Review of monthly reporting entries and reports to key investors
- Preparation of quarterly, annual and BOD reporting
- Assist and oversee financial reporting and operational accounting
- Oversee system maintenance and controls over the financial accounting systems
- Liaise with Auditors during year-end audit process
- May include daily treasury roles over cash, debt and covenant reporting
- Assist with projects around acquisitions, divestitures and JV audits
- Adhoc queries and reports as required
Qualifications & Experience
- A CPA - CA designation is required
- Minimum 2 years’ industry experience in a Financial Reporting/Analysis role
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in interpreting Financial Statements and disclosures in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Financial Accountant - Contract posted 14 days ago.